With business at M-Sport going from strength to strength, plans are afoot to safeguard the company’s position as a world-leader in engineering expertise. The £19 Million plans will safeguard 200 jobs at the Cumbrian firm whilst creating a further 100.
It is expected that a number of automotive manufacturers will be enticed to the area as they look to take full advantage of the unique facilities the plans would offer.
The plans include:
- A self-contained workshop and meeting facilities
- A 2.5 kilometre test track encompassing a 750 metre straight, 70 metre low friction area, steady state cornering pad and a variety of corners.
- 24 hour on-site security.
- Development site for a 65 bedroom hotel.
- Conference facility.
- Sales and handover centre.
- 24 hour assembly area.
- Machine manufacturing.
- Secure research and development centre.
- 830 solar panels to generate electricity.
- Transient engine dyno cells.
- Bodyshell manufacturing area.
- Composites manufacturing area.